Who We Are
The Scholé Fellowship is dedicated to the homeschooling family, enthusiastically partnering with parents for the intentional purposes of inspiring children to think critically, reason clearly, and communicate persuasively and eloquently, while simultaneously helping them to develop a strong Christian worldview.
Classical education is a liturgy of love and should be aimed at forming a certain type of person: wise, virtuous, and eloquent. We use the time-honored, unified, and fully integrated liberal arts curriculum and pedagogy to develop a child’s character and to nurture his humanity. The curriculum, employed within a community of like-minded homeschooling families, is a survey of the best spiritual, intellectual, and cultural traditions of our Western Christian heritage.
Education is a spiritual endeavor and we desire to be a community of practice— ordering our time together, our gathering spaces, and our habits—so that our children learn to love what is lovely. At The Scholé Fellowship, the starting and ending point for all studies is the Word of God. We trust that by avoiding the temptation to use classical curriculum for utilitarian ends, God will inspire our children’s minds, tune their hearts, and transform their souls. Because of His faithfulness, they will learn to love His Truth and to seek His Truth in love.
Excellence in academics need not be frenetic. As an official Scholé Group, we encourage one another to teach our children from peace, with the absence of anxiety. Instead, together we pursue enjoyable and memorable learning. In community, we dig deep into classical subjects, while also allowing valuable time for our students to contemplate and discuss the big ideas they have discovered within them. Providing opportunity for such deep engagement results in enjoyable, permanent learning which, we believe, instills a life-long love of learning.
Benefits and Services
We provide our members with these benefits and services:
- A vibrant community committed to restful, classical learning
- A meaningful, enriching curriculum featuring the traditional, classical arts of grammar, logic, rhetoric, mathematics, science, and the great books
- A complete Pre-K through 12th grade scope and sequence, with built-in room for families to customize their other homeschooling choices
- Truly integrated subjects with extended class times to allow for conversation, presentations, and experimentation
- Professional Academic Mentors, who love what they teach, partner with parents to provide feedback for each student, helpful when it comes to assessment
- Accountability—a real advantage and tremendous blessing of homeschooling within a community
- Online schedule and calendar
- Easy online access to weekly assignments
- Built-in opportunities for parents to model a love of learning for their children
- Planned field trips and service projects to complement your homeschooling
Statement of Faith
The Apostles’ Creed expresses what we believe in these words:
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into Hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
Want to know more?